Friday, June 25, 2010

The Long Road Home...

I am dead exhausted writing this but I promised myself that I finish this before going to bed. We got up this morning at 7am. Okay in all honesty, Matt got up at 7am and finally managed to get me up around 7:30am.  I can't do mornings. LOL

We managed to get all packed up and out the door by 8:45am. Only 45 minutes late. Matt took the first leg of the driving. I grabbed his pillows and blanket and immediately passed out. I woke up a couple of times to see that rain was causing visibility to drop to almost zero. After a bit Matt pulled over so he could take a nap too. I was too tired to really wake up at this point. I have since come up with a theory that there is something about his scent that makes me go into a deep sleep. I noticed that when ever I go over to his place, if I curl up with his blanket or pillow, even just to watch a movie, I am out like a light very quickly. Any ways, we both slept for about an hour before he started driving again. After about three hours, Matt and I switched driving. While I was driving, I noticed some interesting things. First of all I followed this one van forever because I was concerned about their dog. I don't know if you can tell or not but the dog (a Shepard mix of some sort) is crammed up against the window. The van is packed with clothing, a mattress and box spring,  a rolling desk chair, and other household stuff. Poor puppy.

I also saw some really beautiful scenery.

I did go up against one of my fears. I absolutely hate driving in tunnels. I am fine if I am the passenger but as the driver it is horrible. I don't like the dark and I don't like not seeing the exit. It also doesn't really help when you are following half a house through the tunnel so then you really can't see the exit until the house moves.

We did have a sad moment when Matt realized that he had misplaced the diamond heart necklace he got me for my birthday. I had taken it off while we were fighting and didn't want to put it back on until I felt everything was resolved. He was keeping it in his pocket and we think it fell out at the rest stop off of 77S outside of Parkersburg, WV when we stop for a quick bathroom break and food. He was really upset because he felt it was a symbol of his love for me. While I am disappointed that it is gone, I am more relieved to be over our fight. We are going to search the car again when we get a chance but we are pretty sure it is at the rest area. If anyone finds it, I will pay for the shipping and I am also offering up a reward for it. It was in a plastic baggie. I hope it can be found mainly so that Matt will feel better. I hate seeing him upset.

After Matt and I switched back up again, we saw a mini- police chase. It was funny because the cop was behind us and suddenly went around us (thank god I have a thin blue line on my car!!!). We both knew the car in front of us was going to get pulled. Sure enough, the blue lights came on. And then they stayed on for about twenty minutes before the guy finally pulled over.

We were so happy to see our welcome home sign.

I loved seeing Pilot Mountain up close. Matt and I talked about coming back and camping out sometime. I can't wait. I have my Grandfather's family on my mother's side up in that area. I would love to show him more of my roots.

All and all it was a very good trip but honestly I wish I was at home. Right now I am pet sitting for some friends and their two boxers until Sunday evening. I miss my bed and my family. Hopefully I can swing by their house on Saturday.

Well, Namaste my friends.

Kelly Star

No comments: