Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Have Alot Of Thinking To Do...

I am over at Riley's again. She has been in bed for a while. The quiet has left me with alot of time to think and I don't know if it is because of the stress of my situation that is making me sick or if I have caught some sort of stomach bug.

As I mentioned before I have a meeting with my Sterile Processing teacher and the Dean of Miller- Motte College on Monday. I am nervous about what is going to be said. I am starting to get to the point where I really don't trust anything. I noticed that Ms. Walker has finally graded my paper. I have a 100% on it. While it was a decent paper, I don't know if I got that grade because I earned it or because she is covering her ass.

Whatever the outcome of the meeting, I know I am not going back to MMC next quarter. I don't know if I am going to Durham Tech or Wake Tech this fall or if I can even get in. I don't even know if I want to continue at this point with school. I kind of want to take a break from it and get a full time job to go along with the job I have with Riley. If I do this option I can make enough to move in with Matt and out of my parents' place (I was only living there to keep my cost down while I was in school). Plus I can put money away for when I do go back to school.

If I do go to school, I have a few things to figure out. It mainly has to deal with rather or not Durham Tech and Wake Tech will even take my credits or not. There is a very good chance that they may not take my credits which means I have to start ALL over again with even the basics. If I have to start all over, should I just pick another major to do or continue with Surgical Technology (they both offer this program) which was my original goal at MMC? If I do pick another major what do I pick? The job that I have had that I have loved the most was being a nanny (not like I am to Riley right now but a real daytime nanny) but I know that there is no future in that nor can I raise a family on that kind of salary. There is no job security. I chose Surgical Technology because anatomy fascinates me and health care jobs are in demand and there is job security there. But will I be happy there?

I plan on talking to the other colleges on Monday after my meeting to find out if they will take my credits or not. Then I will have to figure out what I am going to do. I also have to figure out finical aid and loans too. Plus I have to weigh which campus I want to go to. Durham Tech is closer but muggings, etc are common. Wake Tech is safer but almost an hour away so the gas is going to cost alot.

I don't know what to do... Any suggestions?

Namaste my friends,

Love,
Kelly Star

No comments: