Friday, April 16, 2010

The Who, What, Where, Why, When, and How of Kelly Star

To Whoever Is Out There Reading This:

I am guessing y'all (yes I do say the word y'all in real life) would like to know who I am and what I am about. I will do my best to try and explain everything but to really understand who I am, you'll just have to follow my blog to get to know the heart of me.

I am a 26 year old Chapel Hillian (GO HEELS!!!). I am college student, a nanny, a girlfriend, a daughter, a sister, and a friend.




While I attend school full time, I am not attending UNC. I am not cut out for a real university. I love going to Miller- Motte College. I am actually schedule to graduate in a couple of months with a certificate in Sterile Processing but I plan to immediately re-enroll to get my Associates Degree in Surgical Technology. (I was in that program originally but I will explain why a teacher cost me that later.)




I am the nanny of a wonderful little girl name Riley. Actually its not like any of the other nanny jobs I have had. Unlike the other job, I go in to Riley's house in the evening. We play for a few hours and then she is in bed by 8:30pm. Then I am free to do what I want until Megan (her mom) comes home around 8:00am. Its great for school since I can study when Riley is asleep. I miss being a regular nanny but this gets me my little kid fix. I think only nannies and moms understand that statement. I was a nanny for three years for different families. Then earlier this year I left it because my class where switched to days and I became a sales associate. I seriously missed the interaction of being with kids and seeing them learn. I would stay a nanny until I became a mother if this economy wasn't so scary. Since it is scary then I am going back to school to get into the health care field.








I am the very happy girlfriend of an amazing man. I have been dating Matt for two months but those two months have been a dream come true. He supports and has faith in me like no one else. He is one of the very few people that lets me just be me. He doesn't try to tell to lose weight, or to act like a grown up, or to get a better job, or to dress a certain way. He sees the good in me and loves me in spite of my flaws. He has this way of looking at me that shows me how much he truly loves me. He is Jewish and has been teaching a lot about his faith since I am not Jewish. I ask him a lot about various Yiddish and Hebrew phrases I hear, typically from the show "Millionaire Match Maker". I use to be a nanny for an Orthodox Jewish family and their two little boys (Jacob and Jonas).



Matt is a karaoke DJ. He also sings karaoke too when he is free to go his normal haunts. I love hearing him sing. Especially when he sings to me. He does so many sweet things for me like surprising me at work with Gummi Bears or driving in the middle of the night to bring a coke when I can't leave Riley's. Every Tuesday night is our own special date night. Typically we go down town to the Varsity to watch old movies (this month its movies from the 70's). After the movie we walk down to Kildaire's Irish Pub for Karaoke. His friend Nona is the DJ. I love our Tuesday night dates. :)


My parents are awesome. My dad is a retired police captain and my mom is a retired 911 dispatcher. Can you guess how they met? LOL They have been married for 28 years. I still live with them. Well, I moved out a few years ago but moved back in when I went back to school. I am grateful for them raising me with good morals and values. They taught me how to be a good person even when the world is against me. Yesterday my mom taught me how to make fried chicken and deviled eggs for a picnic with Matt. :) Thanks Mom!

 

My little sister, Magan, is a trip. She is unlike anyone you will ever meet. She is goth but makes it look good. She is wild but a good soul. She use to be a special effects props and makeup artist in LA but when Hollywood started drying up she came back to NC to live with her boyfriend, Dani, who looks like Jesus. She introduced me to Drag Queen Bingo. Her two cats, Spooky and Miss Kitty, are nuts.



I didn't put pictures up of all my friends. You'll see more as my blogs continue. I have a great group of friends that have been there for me. Unfortunately most of my friends have moved away. I try my best to keep in touch with them but lets be honest. Life often gets in the way. I am trying to be better at keeping in contact with them outside of Facebook. We'll see how that goes. In the pictures above are some of my friends. The first picture is of my friend Julia (with the flags), Michelle, and I out on the 4th of July a few years ago. Julia now lives in Wisconsin with her boyfriend Mete. Michelle lives in Denmark. The next picture is of Brian. I nicknamed him Froggy back when we use to date. The last picture is of Selvi and I at our friend Rakhi's wedding. I am meeting Selvi for drinks tonight. I can't wait.



Well, I think this should give a pretty good idea of who I am. Trust me there is more to learn about me but these are the basics.

Namaste my friends.

Love,

Kelly Star

No comments: